Monday, December 15, 2014

The Spice Girls Decorate the Christmas Tree

Twas about a week until Christmas, and all through the house, every girl was up, and standing about. They all were dressed in their cozy pajamas, waiting for the Christmas tree, and in their own special way, each was as excited as could be.
(Yes, it rhymes!)
 
 
The girls and their dogs were all gathered together in the living room on a chilly night. They were eagerly waiting for me to bring them their Christmas tree.

 
"I hope we get a big tree this year, like we asked for!" Samantha said.
"That would be nice," Emily smiled in agreement.

 
"Are we going to make popcorn strands to put on the tree?" Jessica asked as she munched on her favorite snack. Coconut sniffed at the bowl.

 
"Who has time for that?" Ivy asked. "We just need to use what we've already got!" Ivy's dog Teddy leaned up against Ivy's legs, expecting a scratch on the head.

 
"How long have we been waiting?" Jess inquired as she flipped through her magazine. "It feels like it's been an hour!"
 
 
"Alright, girls!" I exclaimed as I walked into the room, carrying their tree. "Here's the tree! Have fun decorating! If you need any help with anything, just let me know." Then I left the girls to their decorating.

 
"Woah! Now that is a tall tree!" Samantha said excitedly. "It's taller than I am!"
Jip barked in agreement.

 
"Come on! Let's get it out of the box!" Jess said as she attacked the box. Emily and Samantha quickly jumped in to help, each of them grunting with the effort of pulling the big tree out of the box.

 
"Now that it's out of the box, let's take off the bubble wrap!" Ivy exclaimed.

 
"There we go!" Ivy said as she threw the wrapping onto the floor.
"I can't wait to decorate!" Samantha laughed.

 
"Jess, will you help me adjust the tree branches?" Emily asked.
"Sure! It's going to look great!" Jess agreed as she stood up.

 
The two girls got busy stretching out the branches, making the tree look its best.

 
"Alright, so I have popcorn, and bubble wrap?" Jessica said in disbelief. "This Christmas can't get any better!" Jessica shrieked in glee.

 
"Time for decorations!" Emily grinned. "Everyone gets to tie ribbons to the tree!"
All of the girls eagerly grabbed some ribbons and attached them to the tree.
Samantha looked carefully at the tree when everyone was done tying their ribbons on.
"Something is missing..." she told the others. "I just don't know what!"
Emily scrutinized the tree, then exclaimed, "Ah! It's missing a garland! I think I have something that will work really well for this."

 
"Emily, the pearl strands are so cute! Very classy," Jess complimented.
Emily blushed. "Thanks!"
Ivy tied one last ribbon to the tree, while Samantha adjusted the garland a little.
"Jessica, aren't you going to help decorate?" Ivy asked.

 
"I only care about lighting the tree," Jessica explained. "I want to be the one to light it up!"
By now, all of the girl's dogs had gathered together beside Jessica's lounge chair, in hopes that she would drop them some popcorn.

 
"Well, it's that time!" Jess exclaimed. "Time to light the tree!"
Ivy's forehead wrinkled when a realization dawned upon her. "We don't have an outlet nearby! How are we going to light the tree?"
That was when I came back into the room. "Oh! Your tree is so pretty!" I said.
"Thanks, Ginger," Samantha replied. "But we have a problem-- nowhere to plug in the tree!"
I thought about it a minute, then suggested, "What if I put the tree on my desk? There's a plug nearby, and your tree would be on display all the time!"
"Yes!" the girls all exclaimed in delight.

 
I placed the tree on my desk, close enough to the outlet for them to plug it in.
"Thanks, Ginger!" the girls said together.
"No problem," I replied, then left them to light their tree.
"Are you ready, Jessica?" Samantha yelled.

 
"READY!!!" Jessica hollered back. Then she slid the plug into the outlet.

 
The tree lit up and shone for all to see! Each of the girls clapped and cheered when they saw the tree's lights twinkle.

 
"Way to go, Jessica!" Ivy screamed.

 
"Thank you, thank you very much!" Jessica took a bow. Then she raised her voice and said, "MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!! And to all, a GOOD NIGHT!!!"

 
The dogs celebrated in their own way-- gathered around Jessica's popcorn bowl!
-------------------------------------
 
I hope you enjoyed this Christmas photostory! I have one last photo to share with you. I saw the Christmas tree lights shining in Jess's eyes, and I took the opportunity to capture the moment. I'm rather fond of this picture myself!
 
 
Whatcha think?
 
XOXO Ginger Spice

7 comments:

  1. This is such a cute photo-story, Ginger! I love the last picture, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Yeah, I loved how that picture turned out!

      Delete
  2. Very cute! That last picture is so pretty. : )
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so sweet! Once again, loved Jessica! Popcorn and bubble wrap are the best LOL!
    I really like the last picture, too! :)
    ~Jaclynn~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jaclynn! I'm glad you enjoyed Jessica and the picture! Jessica is really glad to have a fan.

      Delete
  4. Aww! Cute photostory, Ginger!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete